Thursday, July 27, 2017

Lifestyle Change

As I have gotten older I have struggled with my weight. I have attempted many things without long-term success. Some of them might have helped if I had adopted a new lifestyle to include them but they were never anything I was willing to commit to long-term. I recently signed up for a 30-day challenge which starts out with a 3-day detox. I’ve heard about doing a detox but have never done one before. This challenge includes a private FB group for support. After the detox, they provide weekly meal plans for clean eating as well as workouts and meditation. As I am preparing to start this I am wondering if this will be a short-term event in my life or something I can commit to long-term.

This morning I was reading in 2 Kings 11 about the coronation of boy King Joash. After his crowning, there was religious reform in the land. The people became committed to following God and destroyed the temple of Baal and destroyed their altars and idols. They were all in to make this lifestyle change.

It struck me this morning (I know I may be a little slow 😊) but this is what I need to do if this will help long-term. I will need to make a lifestyle change in how I eat and workout. I don’t know if I will become a puritan in clean eating but I think I can live without a lot of sugary items. So, as I go through the 30-day challenge I will be focusing on learning how to make this a long-term lifestyle.

G

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the very honest and straightforward, inspiring post!! I love how you linked this common problem which the majority of us face at least sometime in our life, with the Word of God. Thank you, Gladys. Savor the journey!

    ReplyDelete