Monday, September 25, 2017

White Knight OR Humble Servant

I just had the privilege of working alongside a team of Christian leaders in Wales, UK. They were putting on their first Leadership Forum. This was a replica of the European Leadership Forum I attended in Poland in May. I have been processing these experiences and wonder if those of us that came from the U.S. were perceived as arrogant Americans coming in like a White Knight to save/help or as humble servants coming to work alongside and support them in their kingdom work. I pray that our attitude and actions reflected a humble servant heart. I know that my desire was to humbly assist wherever it was needed.

As I reflect on my motivation for pursuing and attending this 2-day event half-way around the world it is two-fold. First it was an opportunity to travel to a country I had never been to in a safe environment. I was joining other believers; housing and travel was arranged for me. It was a way to explore and see Wales. Secondly it was an opportunity to humbly serve in furthering God’s Kingdom. I was able to assist in assembling participant packets (over 350). Be a welcoming face at the plenaries and help give out over 1,000 donated books. Provide speakers support in the sessions by making sure their room was ready, be a timekeeper and general assistant as a room-monitor; answer questions and direct people as needed. I got the opportunity to visit and connect with some participants (one whom I have already exchanged e-mail communication).  
I took many pictures – actual pictures and mental pictures as well. It was a joy to work with and get to know this group of believers. It was a privilege to be able to pray with them and to see God working there. It was encouraging to observe the pictures on the walls of the children’s room where I was room monitor that reflect the same message of Christ and hope. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow wherever we go!
G

No comments:

Post a Comment